Info

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I am a sculptor. Specializing in clay modeling, metal fabrication/welding, and ceramics. Studio practices include powertools and machines that make a lot of dust and noise.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Massive update! part 2

My life with in the hole. continued.

"Unplant"

Flash forward 2 hours, the foam has set and I can test out the sizing for the hole. Basically I will bury this thing.

And yes, after digging a 5 x 3 ft hole I fill it back in. I create a moat like structure to contain the cement...
The fabulous Stephen Keltner teaching me how to mix cement. Though it will take me much more practice and patience to get it right.

Now this I can do. Just like Archaeology sorta, but reverse! I smooth out the cement.


I work till it gets dark. After the cement soft sets, Steve shows me how to make the grain nice with a masonry brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment