Info

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I am a sculptor. Specializing in clay modeling, metal fabrication/welding, and ceramics. Studio practices include powertools and machines that make a lot of dust and noise.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Dooring Progress shots continued.


Paint Job complete! I removed the rubber window guards before I painted so I could preserve them. I set them aside and used a black velvet coat on it. Masking is left on to prevent damage.

Now comes the big reveal, The brick interior which I will affix to the panel. The 5 Dollar bill is to show scale. Note that some of the bricks will need to be cut to fit perfectly to finish the design.


After utilizing the masonry blade in the grinder I was able to cut the brick faces to fit perfectly. All that is left was to mortar.


Working still of yours truly cleaning off mortar that got on the brick faces.
For my first time ever doing this I think I could pull off the handy man thing... what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment