Info

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I am a sculptor. Specializing in clay modeling, metal fabrication/welding, and ceramics. Studio practices include powertools and machines that make a lot of dust and noise.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dream Catcher update.


So the first time, I say first time because it ended up snapping and I had to do it again. The first time I made this I had help in pulling the wire for tension. This is probably what cause it to be too tight and pop. Heres the progress shots..

First time around...
Tightening.

First time I made it.. until...
Sprayed and clear coated and then...
Snap! and 4 hours of weaving gone. Joy.
Then I started over.. again. good thing I had aircraft wire left.
This time I worked faster..
Hours later..
The hardest part is the center..
Done. 5 hours and finger pain. But this time, the tension is more evenly spread out so less likely to pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment